Saturday, August 23, 2008

World Photowalk.

Well, today's the day is the day of the World wide photowalk. Over 200 countries, 8000 photographers, this photowalk was started by Scott Kelby to celebrate his photoshop Lightroom 2 book release. I signed up for the Phoenix walk as soon as I heard about it on Scott's video podcast 'Photoshop TV'.
Never having been on a photowalk before, I'm realy looking forward to this new experience, which really surprises me since I'm not much of a sociable person and that's exactly what a photowalk is - a social event where photographers get together, take pictures and talk gear, technique, etc. Okay, we'll see what happens.
What am I going to take?
Well they say "travel light" which means the 10D should be my choice but I think I want more wide angle so the 1.3 crop of my mkII is going to win over the lighter 10D. Just 2 lenses on coming with me - the 24-105F4L and the 17-40F4L, I may drop the 17-40 for the 15mm fisheye. One 580 exII and it will all be around my waist on a Think Tank speed belt - yah - major geek factor with the belt but I'll be among photogs, so I'll blend.
Okay, time to see what this is all about.

No comments: