Friday, May 31, 2013

My new ultra light, long exposure rig

It sure seems my DSLR equipment is gathering a lot of dust lately. For example, I wanted to try out some long exposure photography and when I looked at how much a 83mm, 10 stop ND the filter cost for my 24 TSE lens and then compared it to the price of the same thing for a 49 millimeter filter that would fit my X100s - it was a no brainer -  I was going to experiment with the 100 S.
the Fuji make sense in other areas too because if its leaf shutter design, there's practically no vibration, so a small, cheap tripod will be more than enough to keep this little guy stable for the duration of the exposure.
The whole rig weighs just a hair over 3 pounds and fits inside my Maxpedition Versipack with plenty of room to spare.

No comments: