Sunday, September 20, 2009

One I Like...

As I've said in several of my previous posts, I'm less than impressed with my Canon G9. I've been looking for a camera that's small and compact but doesn't make me compromise in image quality. Well, the G9 is just a bit too bulky, it's really not that much smaller than my SLR.
Well with the recent announcement of the Canon S90, I may have what I'm looking for. Canon took the sensor from the new G11 that was optimized for high sensitivity and low noise instead of Megapixel count and stuffed it into a shirt pocket sized camera.
Things I like:
  • bright F2.0 - 3.9 IS lens with a really useful range of 28-105mm.
  • M/AV/TV exposure modes for photographic exposure control.
  • High ISO, low noise sensor - so far samples look better than my G9.
  • Shoots RAW - I don't think I'll ever go back to a camera that doesn't shoot raw.
No prices yet, but I'd guess with the G11 at $499 this would be somewhere South of $300. If so, this may make my X-mas list.

No comments: